Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Tessa (LDSG volunteer visitor): a candle for Ester

I happened to mention, when I was visiting with Liz, that Ester had sent me a very helpful and very kind e-mail in response to a query. And then Liz told me what happened. It is so sad that words fail me.

Although I had only visited a couple of times since Ester became my contact point at LDSG, I was very glad of her help and support. Her response to my query about bail applications was a long, thoughtful and caring e-mail. I had not seen her for a few months but I did bump into her at Colnbrook at the beginning of the summer. I was so impressed that she immediately remembered me and who I was visiting. She was truly dedicated to her work and she will be remembered by LDSG staff, visitors and detainees without exception.

I will light a candle for Ester.